You'll never believe it...

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

... so I have pictures to prove it!

I have confessed many times before to not being a domestic diva, like many of you. Although this is something I would love to be, I just don't have the time. At least that's my excuse.

Let me give you the run down of my typical day.

My alarm goes off at 5:45 - I snooze it for 15-20 minutes then snuggle with Joey for half a second and force myself out of bed. Usually I'm dropping at least one child off at daycare so I'm out of the house by 7:15 to make the drop and get to work by 8:00. I leave work at 5:00, head to the gym for a quick, power-packed work-out, and make it home around 6:30. By this time, Joey has left work himself at 5, picked the kids up from daycare, fed them dinner, eaten dinner himself and is ready to go to the gym. When I make it home, we tag-out, and out the door he goes - that body don't build itself!! I grab a quick dinner for myself, clean up around the house (or pass out from exhaustion - your pick!), get the kids a bath, read devotionals to both kids, help with homework, break up fights, lock myself in the bathroom, and put the kids to bed - not necessarily in that order.

Now, does anyone see time in that chaotic mess for "domestic diva"??? I know... it's kind of depressing.

BUT, last weekend I said enough is enough and I decided that I was going to make it work. I was going to figure out some way, some how, that my family could eat dinner together... at the same time... at the same place... my brain almost exploded at the thought.

We've done it though. Two days in a row. Joey cooked on Monday and I cooked last night. And my family is still alive! (Not from Joey's cooking - he's fabulous. I'm referencing my own... which usually sets off the smoke detectors...)





Now do you believe it? I'm so giddy I can hardly stand it!

4 comments:

Jo Ann said...

What I want to know if what part of your schedule did you adjust? I know the gym is still a priority... but I'm proud of you - and I know the kiddos are happy! Look at those faces...
Mom

Heather said...

You look VERY domestic right there. Look...the table's all set and everyone's smiling...

Katy Lin :) said...

wonderful! i have great memories of my family eating dinner together! (and the fish look delish, lol!)

Scary Mommy said...

I impressive!! I know what you mean- we actually all sat down at a meal last week and ate THE SAME THING! It was a miracle in this house, and it wasn't pizza, but actual chicken with cous cous and veggies. A miracle, I tell you!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict