Once again, everything is as it should be.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008



No, it's not the purple dinosaur that has put the world back on its axis. It's most certainly the fact that my baby girl finally made it home from camp yesterday!!

YIPPEE!!!

One sweet girl, a silly little boy, and a crazy hubby. Yep. I can breathe again. All is well in my corner of the world.

You all are most likely tired of hearing about camp, but for those of you who aren't, Ashton had such a great time. She couldn't stop talking about all the activities, the friends, the worship time - yes, she's just like her mommy and LOVES to sing. In fact, she's been singing to me constantly ever since she got home. I now know all of the songs from camp... soooo adorable!!

Last night, after we read her devotional we talked for almost an hour about heaven, baptism, being a Christian, and all sorts of deep theological stuff. It was great. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Now do you understand why I missed her so much?

Who wouldn't?

6 comments:

Katy Lin :) said...

yay! i'm glad she had such a good time - not just a fun time, but it sounds like a great time of spiritual growth, too! :) i'm glad your world is whole again :)

Joey said...

i would like to go on the record saying that the purple dinosaur ride was AWESOME!!!!

One Wired Woman said...

Glad she's back and glad she had a great time. You have such an adorable family. ~Jill :)

Jo Ann said...

Nothing made me feel prouder than when Ashton called me this morning to thank me for helping her go to camp! She said she had such a good time! I can't wait to see her face-to-face and hear all about it!
MaMa

HeathahLee said...

My 8 year old son will be going to his first camp ever this week, and I'm already looking forward to him coming home! I agree, that's when everything will be as it should be. :)

Your daughter sounds like she really "caught" a lot this week. Exiting, isn't it?

HipMomma said...

I can't believe she went away for camp. My would be terrified too! My is going to horse camp this week but its only a day camp for 5 days. Glad she had a great time and what a great learning experience- for you both!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict