"My Husband Rocks" Friday

Friday, July 25, 2008



Wednesday morning I woke up and started to get ready like I usually do. I took my shower then woke Joey up, expecting (only in my head, because I had not voiced these expectations) for him to rise and shine and wake the kids up and get them ready. When he started to get himself ready instead, I started to get irritated. I went upstairs and woke the kids up while he was in the shower, got them dressed, and tried to do everything I could to get them ready so he would have nothing to do to help.

I was being completely passive aggressive. It wasn't outward anger, it was all passive... but Joey knew something was up. By the time I was ready to leave it was very obvious that I was irritated, but Joey was completely oblivious to what he had done to warrant my attitude. (Uh, nothing!!)

I dropped the kids off at daycare, got back in the car and fully planned to go on about my day - all the while knowing that my attitude that morning was not only dishonoring to my husband, but dishonoring to God. I knew I needed to apologize, but before I could, Joey called me.

He had every right to be angry and accusatory, but instead he simply said that he felt like I was a little snippy that morning and he didn't want to go the entire day with that between us. I apologized for letting my expectations get the best of me, but that, my blogger buddies, is why MY HUSBAND ROCKS!

Also, I had forgotten my workout clothes that morning because I was in such a hurry (and in such a bad mood), and Joey got them together for me and brought them to me. When I got to the gym after work and was changing my clothes and putting on my shoes, guess what I found? A note that said "I love you!"

I love you too, babe! Thanks for putting up with my attitudes and choosing the high road when I'm being too stubborn to do what I know is right.

7 comments:

Joey said...

your welcome! you forgot to say that the note was in your shoes, under you socks ;)

Barb said...

You two are an adorable couple.

Your hubby sounds wonderful.

take care,
Barb

Christina said...

Aww, that's so sweet! What a good hubby!!

Isabelle said...

One word Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! You two are adorable!

Romi said...

That's what it's all about! It's so nice to see a couple in love and working together.

Amy said...

My husband rocks too! Like you, I get mad occasionally about unmet expectations that I haven't even voiced. And like you, I tend to keep it in and not say anything. Well, we can at least be honest about it and work on being better. These great men of our still love us! Have a great weekend!

Katharyn said...

There is nothing quite as amazing as a husband who is calm and understanding!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict