"My Husband Rocks" Friday

Friday, July 4, 2008



Happy 4th of July from sunny Houston, TX! Wait a second, we are in Houston - on vacation - but it's not sunny (but that's another story for another post). And what does this have to do with "My Husband Rocks" Friday? Well, it may be kind of skewed, but here's the scoop...

We're on vacation visiting my favorite peeps at what Joey has lovingly named the Grand Hampton Resort & Spa. My Aunt & Uncle have this fabulous house that is much more like a resort than a house - but with all the love of a home. I grew up visiting them with my family all the time and this is the best place I can think of to vacation when we just need a long weekend get-away. And Joey has grown to love it almost as much as me!

So yesterday on our drive over I may have been a less than perfect navigator and inadvertently taken us an hour out of our way... with two children constantly asking "are we there yet?" But Joey was so gracious and didn't make me feel like the nincompoop that I was and we laughed about it the rest of the (long) way to my Aunt's house.

Thanks, babe, for being my hubby that ROCKS!! I love you!!

7 comments:

KimmyJ said...

Awww! I hate being the navigator - I mean can't they make maps easier to read or something? Wait, that may be called a GPS - I think I should by one, it would be better for my marraige! :)

sparkled*life said...

Isn't it soo good to get away! I know that it is always so refreshing when we get away with the kids for a few days! Hope you have a great vacation! Love your blog! It is so beautiful!!

Joey said...

hehe, well, I guess I have learned my lesson about not checking the direction before we leave! I love you too!

Heather said...

That is one good man.

Katy Lin :) said...

what a great guy! hope y'all had/are having a great time :)

One Wired Woman said...

Hey Steph!! You are in my neck of the woods!! Hope you had some decent weather after the rain. ~Jill :)

Jessica said...

awe that's awesome. u two are gorgeous.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict