It's a sad, sad day

Saturday, July 12, 2008



That's Ashton and her friend Irene leaving for summer camp... FOR 4 DAYS!!! Um, if you're not comprehending why this is sad, let me help you.

That would be my baby girl on the left. She's leaving me for 4 days. I know she looks happy, and she is. She's so excited. She's going to have the time of her life - canoeing, zip lining, rock climbing, swimming, mud games... and of course, learning about Jesus.

Yes, I paid for her to go. Yes, I want her to go, I just don't want her to go. I can't believe she's old enough to go.

Where did the time go...

Have fun baby girl. Mommy loves you.

5 comments:

Carolina Mama said...

Fun blog. I can see that will be a hard day when ours get there. ;) Good luck to you these four days.

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

It's hard to let them go, isn't it. 4 days will fly by though.

KimmyJ said...

Awww, it is so hard when they go for the first time. She will have a blast.

Baird's Blessings said...

I am going to be feeling your pain in August. Mickayla is leaving to go to camp and I am already stressing and keep asking her "are you sure your not going to be scared?" :) And of course her answer is "Mom...I can't wait to go be with my friends, do fun stuff, learn more about God and... get away from my brother for a couple of days!"

Jo Ann said...

Thank goodness I got there in time to board the bus and wish Ashton a great time at camp! I probably embarassed her to death - but that's what grandma's (MaMa) are for... right???

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict