From The Inside Out

Monday, July 21, 2008

I don't know how God speaks to you, but He speaks to me through worship. God's calling on my life was extremely clear to me from a VERY young age - I am a worshiper. There is no time that I feel closer to God than when I am worshiping. Most of the time, it's just me and Him, in the car with the radio blasting and me trying to remember that this is NOT the time to close my eyes and get lost in the worship experience. (Can you imagine the explanation if I had a wreck?? Thankfully, I think God has extra angels watching out for me on my way to work.)

This morning, as I was listening to the worship set for this weeks service, this song grabbed me. I wish I could put the music on my blog, but I can't do that from where I am, so you'll just have to read the lyrics.

As God is so faithful in doing, He spoke to me as I was worshiping Him and reminded me of my purpose, my passion, my entire reason for being.

From The Inside Out

A thousand times I've failed
Still Your mercy remains
And should I stumble again
Still I'm caught in Your grace
Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame

In my heart and my soul
Lord, I give You control
Consume me from the inside out, Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Your will above all else
My purpose remains
The art of losing myself
In bringing You praise
Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame

In my heart and my soul
Lord, I give You control
Consume me from the inside out, Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart is to bring You praise
From the inside out
Lord, my soul cries out


Now, if you aren't sure about your purpose in life, or why you were created, I encourage you to start with worshiping the God who created you. Of course, most of us cling to being good mommies and wives, but let me tell you, there is so much more!

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Joey said...

funny..... i listened to that song like 3 times on the way to work this morning...

I love you!

Staci said...

i agree....worshipping God is an amazing thing...if you start there everything else falls into place.

Simply Stork said...

My husband and I are worship leaders for our church...because we have children we share this job with other worship leaders...I loved your post today...It is hard to please all the people...all of the time...when we pick our sets. I am so thankful when people, such as yourself, say how much they love to worship :o) The words of this song speak for it...the music behind it is just a bonus :o)

May you continue to worship where ever you may be :o)

~simply~

Isabelle said...

Thank you so much for sharing that post. I don't know anybody outside of my family who knows what worship means!!!!

Danielle-lee said...

I just heard this song for the first time at church a couple of weekends ago. I love it!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict