Where's my baby?

Friday, June 6, 2008

My baby girl is no longer in second grade. How did this happen? I mean, wasn't it just yesterday that we were celebrating her first birthday? And now she's graduating from the second grade!

Please, Lord! Make it stop!! If anyone can, I have complete and TOTAL faith that YOU are the only one who could do such a thing!!

Ok, fine. She has to grow up. At least she's growing up to be the smartest, most beautiful little girl I could have ever dreamed of.

Last week she had her awards ceremony and this year, they opted to do them all separately in the individual classes. (Thank you. Although I do love children - just mostly mine - watching all the students walk across the stage is such a beating!)

Here she is with her teacher, Ms. Villarreal.

And receiving her award for Academic Achievement (GT), Accelerated Reading, Science Fair, and several more that I just can't remember. She's so smart!!



Here I am sneaking in a pic with my baby girl and her best friend, Marie.



Congratulations on a fabulous year, Ashton. Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you!

7 comments:

Sheri said...

In case I didn't say this before, you have a BEAUTIFUL family! I just borrow my friends kids whenever I need a fix.

Britney DOES now have a blog, I set it up this morning. Isn't that pathetic??

http://www.youpet.com/pet/blog/?petid=14713

Motherhood for Dummies said...

oh congrats!

Angie said...

I don't know who is more beautiful...you, your kids, or your hubby! Jeesh. This is too much cute for one place! But...I'll be back. :)

Stephanie said...

Hey!! John Deere Mom came to my blog!!! (aka Angie) Thanks, that's so sweet :)

Thanks, too, Sheri, and motherhood, for stopping by again! I love new blogger buddies :)

Hipmomofboyz said...

Oh, I know how heartbreaking it is to watch your babies grow up. My (oldest) baby is going to high school next year, yes that's right I said High school. I can't believe those words came out of my mouth.
Cry me a river, I am so sad.....
Enjoy those little ones.

Katy Lin :) said...

you should be very proud of your children! they sound very sweet!

Carrie said...

Hi - I stopped over from the SITS blogroll. You are so right on the money with that not watching other people's kids! I love all of my own kids (all six of them), but seriously to watch an auditorium full of them gets to be lengthy.

Anyway, gorgeous pictures, beautiful site ...

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict