THIS is how house work should be done!

Friday, June 6, 2008

I confess, as I have before, that I am no domestic diva. I hate to do laundry, clean, cook... mostly anything that would make me a good wife. Well, not anything... there are somethings that I enjoy, but I can't mention them here.

Wow, how did I get so off track?

On Saturday, I finally couldn't take it anymore and decided the house had to be cleaned. So being the smart woman I am, I asked Taylor if he wanted to help mommy clean the house.

Being the sweet little, mommy-loving boy that he is, he jumped at the idea. As if it was the next best game. God love him.

So I got the dusting spray and we got started.




Then we vacuumed. He was a little lazy with the vacuum, but I whipped him into shape. As any good mother would.



Then he helped me unload the dishwasher. I actually had to do some work here since he's only about 40" tall. But he was quite helpful with the silverware.

Ahhh... who needs a maid when you've got a 4 year old who thinks you're best mom in the world?

4 comments:

Staci said...

he is just too cute....he needs to come live with his aunt tace

Stephanie said...

no, no, no! You can't have him!! You're already in the race for domestic diva!!

Kat said...

Awww...a child willing to do domestic chores. How wonderful. Of course my DH might get just as excited about a wife who was willing to do them as well instead of hiring out as is her tendency. :-)

Rachel's Journal Pages said...

Such a paradox in life: that when kids LOVE to help with housecleaning they generally can't do a very thorough job, then as they are older and more capable... they would rather be doing ANYTHING else.
Your little boy is adorable.
I found your blog through Katy Lin's My Husband Rocks Friday's and have joined up - super idea!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict