THIS is exactly what I was afraid of...

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Anyone need a good laugh? Well you can certainly have one at my expense today.

Remember this post last month? No? Well, click on it and have a read.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Yeah, that's pretty funny. Ha ha.

Now THIS is why I KNEW I should never have agreed to such a thing. Here's a copy of an email I received this morning:

Stephanie, congratulations on the article in the new "intermetso" magazine about you and your singing!

The article gave us an idea. I work for Metso Paper in Atlanta in the Capital Sales department for Paper, Board & Tissue, as an Executive Assistant. I've worked to put together the Metso Paper North America annual sales meeting each fall. We usually have around 115 attending (give or take a few). We are booked at the Marriott Riverwalk the week of September 29.

What I am leading up to is that we have a dinner scheduled for Wednesday night at the Marriott and we usually have some kind of entertainment at the main dinner. We would love to have you sing for us! Any chance you would be available?

We would appreciate it greatly if you could. Just let us know what we can do to entice you (& your fee for such events).

Thank you, and again, congratulations.

- Jackie
Executive Assistant



Are you just rolling on the floor laughing yet?

I've said it before. Yes, I sing. I sing at church mostly. With a band. And yes, we rock (but it's for Jesus!!). Other than that, I'm pretty much happy with absolutely NO ONE acknowledging anything about me.

Is that so hard?

And this isn't the first email I've received.

Since when do people actually read these company published newsletters??

So I have a dilemma. I'm the contact who receives our offices supply of said newsletters. I looked at one and about fell out of my chair when I saw the LIFE SIZE picture of myself on the back cover!!

I think I'll shred them all before anyone in my own office sees.

That's it. Crisis averted.

5 comments:

Honorary Indian said...

Oh, no you don't. Don't you DARE shred those newsletters. I'll tell on you! YOU NEED TO SING FOR THOSE PEOPLE! Show 'em what you got. Show 'em what you're made of. Entertain them with all your heart.

And, then sit back, smile, and let each compliment and rave review seep through your skin to the very core of your being.

It's good for ya. And, you deserve it.

Us mommies need to stick together and sometimes MAKE each other do something we wouldn't ordinarily seek out.

Can you tell I'm still on my "triathlon" high?!

:-)

Danielle said...

OH! I'd love to see those photog pics! I'm sure they're great.

The one your hubby took looks like a little Faith Hill over there!

I don't blame you though- I would not want that much attention. I would stop breathing and fall over on the stage!

Kat said...

Doing something out of your comfort zone is a good thing. Go and shine for everyone. Take in all the accolades and appreciation. Enjoy the spotlight.

But don't ask me to do it too :-)

Chris Rasco said...

Oh for heaven's sake, just go sing for the people Steph. I've seen you sing more times than I can even count and I think you'll do just fine.

David & Jo Ann said...

If you can sing to your husband-to-be at your own wedding and bring the whole crowd to tears (or was that Joey they were crying over? The fact that he got so teary-eyed when you sang to him...) you can certainly sing for a group of people at the Marriott! And talk about fee??? Make it worth your while! To my own American Idol - do it for your mama!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict