Taylor's "not-so" Graduation

Saturday, June 7, 2008



Please tell me why the preschools that we love so much insist on torturing us, as parents, like this. I mean, take a look at that darling little boy. That's my baby! My four year old little boy.

In a cap.

And gown.

And he walked down the aisles just like I did when I graduated.

And then they played one of those tear-jerker videos with all of the kids... I almost lost it!

I had to hold back the tears that welled up in my eyes because I didn't want to be the mom that was bawling in the middle of the sanctuary.

And get this. He's not even really graduating. He's the youngest in his class so everyone else is going into kindergarten, but he still has another year to go. I didn't want him to feel left out in the ceremony, so he participated with all of his classmates, but he's not really graduating.

So I have do all of this again. Why, Lord, why????



The above pic is super blurry because it was really dark in there, but look at him accepting his diploma. Isn't that just torture? Pure torture.


And now it's play time. You have to admit that the diploma does look way too much like a telescope to not use it as a toy....


And now he's done. No more pictures mommy.

3 comments:

Joey said...

you forgot to put a pic of me carrying him off the stage kicking and screaming... and back to the stage again... and then back off the stage again....

Stephanie said...

Oh Honey!! I was trying to forget about that part...

Danielle said...

Oh, that is precious! He is too cute in the jacket in tie! Why must they grow up and torture us...

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict