Like mother, like daughter.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Last week I posted this about Joey and Taylor, but today I have something equally, if not much more important to talk about - my daughter's hair.

It almost brings tears to my eyes...for two reasons. Let me explain.

Ashton has been asking for bangs for months and I have been putting it off. I thought that her desire would fade and I knew that if we had bangs in her hair that it require much more styling and I just wasn't looking forward to that.

Well, her desire didn't fade, and it actually shifted to not only wanting bangs, but wanting bangs "just like yours, mommy!" Now who can say no to that??

So I placed a call to the stylist to the stars - um, I would be the star - but we had so much trouble hooking up that you'll never guess what happened. No really, you'll never guess, so I'm going to tell you. While I was out one night, Joey took Ashton to... I can hardly say it... Super Cuts (GASP) to have her bangs cut... just like mine. Uh, no!

So, here I have two major pieces of news for you. #1 Joey is not perfect. I know he may look perfect, but he, too, can make an error in judgment. #2 If I could get this haircut for $11.99, I would!

In order to correct the "not-at-all-like-mommy's-bangs" that they cut at the $11.99 superstore, I took Ashton with me when I got my hair done last week.

This, my sweet little girl, is how you get your hair cut. Welcome to the razor and the stylist to the stars. You too, my dear Ashton, are now a star!





Ahhh... there's nothing like a great haircut. And don't worry baby girl, I'll lead you down the path of highlights soon enough. I pledge to never let your daddy take you to that dreadful place again. I'm so sorry.

Mommy is so proud of your beautiful bangs. It's like looking in a mirror.

12 comments:

Heather said...

Awwww...you two look adorable with your matching bangs!

Katy Lin :) said...

how cute! (i would definitely not be able to say no in this instance either :) )

Staci said...

i love them, and i have seen them in person, and they look fab!!!

scargosun said...

They look really good! Poor Dad! He tried.

Danielle said...

She's gorgeous!! The bangs look great!

Lesson for Ashton: Haircuts with Mommy!!

Toni said...

Aww you two are beautiful and your hubby sounds just like mine!

Allmykids123 said...

Now THOSE are some cute bangs. We are having "bang remorse" at our house. My 14 year old was convinced she wanted them, until the hairdresser made the first cut! She is hoping they grow out before school starts and has them pulled back in a clip everyday. A good $60 down the drain. Oh well, you live and you learn.

HipMomma said...

Oh, goodness. She's like a mini you. Just adorable.

MamaMia said...

Sweet super stars!

What is it with those places and bangs?? I took my daughter to trim up her baby bangs when she was a year or two...it was a disaster! I could have done a better job using a knife and my feet!!

David & Jo Ann said...

She is wanting to be just like you! You are an awesome role model for her - of course it's because of the mother to daughter to daughter things, right??
Mom

Joey said...

crap... please don't ever get toether to ask me for anything, cuz how can I say no to the two best looking females in my life? lol

Missy said...

She DOES look just like you! So precious! Yeah, I really don't get why bangs are sooo difficult to get right...

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict