Happy Father's Day

Monday, June 16, 2008

Wednesday I picked the kids up from school and asked the always interesting question, "What would you like to get your daddy for Father's Day?"

Ashton, who is always very thoughtful and pays a lot of attention to what people use and might want, quickly perked up and shouted, "new running shoes, mommy! I wanna get daddy some new Nike's and pedometer!"

Taylor on the other hand, well, I just don't know where he gets his ideas, but they're just so darned cute, what are you gonna say?? He shouted, "Sharpies!! An orange Sharpie, a black Sharpie, and a red Sharpie!!"

He was so excited about the Sharpies.

I'm married to the Father of these children and I can completely understand the new Nikes. But the Sharpies?? No idea where that came from. But I couldn't stifle the excitement, so what did we buy for daddy?

Nikes and Sharpies. What a combination.



They picked out their own cards at Hallmark and were SO excited to give them to daddy. Taylor is even doing his own little happy dance!





I know it appears that daddy is really upset about the Sharpies, but it's just a bad picture, I promise. He could never have been more excited to receive permanent markers as a gift, trust me.

6 comments:

Barb said...

Your children are absolutely precious (DH too). Treasure every moment.

FYI- you've been tagged.

Have a spirit filled day

Kat said...

Ahhh...a man after my own heart. Office supplies...and especially sharpies are a wonderful gift!

Staci said...

Joey may not be mad but his face is totally saying something to the effect of..."These are awesome taylor, howevvver we NEVER write with these cause they are permanent....that means they dont come off the wall...." LOL kidding, sooo cute

Katy Lin :) said...

this is adorable! did you ever find out why sharpies?

THE Stephanie said...

Still no clue about the Sharpie's... I think it's my little guys mind. He's just too cute to try to figure out :)

Scary Mommy said...

That is adorable! My daughter gave my mom a pencil once as a gift. It's just so sweet when it really comes from them.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict