Awarded and Tagged?

Monday, June 16, 2008

First, I would like to thank the Academy. I could never have made it this far without you.

Next, can anyone tell me who the Academy is?

Now, onto the real reason for this post.

PART 1:

I received my first award this weekend from Katy Lin at The Great Adventure.



This award is "dedicated to many who nourish and enrich the spirit and creativity. They see dedication, creativity, camaraderie, joy and above all, ART - much art. I wish that this prize is entertaining to all bloggers who share this space and enrich it a little more each day." ~ Arte Y Pico

To be honest, Katy Lin, I can't say that I fully grasp this award due to the fact that it is in another language, but what I can say is I am ALWAYS one to play along!

So thanks, Katy Lin for giving me my first blogging award! You're the best!!

In turn, I would like to pass this award along to the following bloggers for making me rush to my computer to see what today's post has in store. May you never keep me waiting...


  1. Danielle at Captain Pork Chops (every time I need a laugh, I just click on your link)

  2. Heather at Mindless Junque (I CRAVE your story about "New Guy"!!)

  3. BIG MAMA (she'll never read this, but ALL of you should definitely check out her blog. She is hilarious - with a capital H!!)

  4. Half-Past Kissin' Time (well, just go on over and read... she's pretty freakin' hilarious!)

  5. Scary Mommy (Simply for her Proudest Parenting Moment - warning, Rated R - but absolutely hilarious!!)

The rules for this award are as follows:

  1. You need to choose 5 blogs you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, or contribution to the blogging community regardless of language

  2. Each award should have the name of the author and a link to her blog to be visited by everyone

  3. Each winner should show the award and put the name and link to the blog that presented her with the award. (I know it says this is a rule but I also know that not everyone likes to do this. I'm totally cool if you wanna break the rules.)

  4. The award winner and the one who has given the award should show the Arte Y Pico blog so everyone will know the origin of this award


  5. Show these rules



PART 2:

I've been tagged! Wow! I'm actually honored. I mean, I see other people get tagged, but I just thought nobody liked me.

Barb over at The French Elements MUST like me, since she tagged me... so here goes...

First the rules ('cuz I ALWAYS play by the rules!):

  1. Link back to the person that tagged you.

  2. List the rules.

  3. Share 6 important things about yourself.

  4. Tag 4 people at the end of your entry.

Six important things about myself:

  1. All things about me are important. Is this really serious?

  2. I'm not good at accepting compliments, even from my husband - ask him. It drives him crazy.

  3. I love to sing. I've sung at church with a band in front of over a thousand people at multiple services and never get nervous. But if you ask me to sing outside of that situation, I'll likely pee my pants.

  4. I was a blog stalker for MONTHS before I ever decided to start my own. I knew these ladies better than they knew themselves... I'll never tell you who though... ha ha ha... could've been you. Are you scared?

  5. Whenever I attend any kind of seminar, about halfway through it (ok, I can only last about 30 minutes) I get an overwhelming case of ADHD. It's worse when I'm with a friend b/c there's just no limit to the amount of childish acting up we can do. I'll go ahead and apologize if you've ever been speaking at one of these. Sorry.

  6. I LOVE me a little Starbucks white chocolate mocha non-fat no whip. Anyone wanna buy??

You've been tagged:

  1. Kat at Sunshine and Lemonade

  2. Motherhood for Dummies

  3. Jill at One Wired Woman

  4. Sheri at Life, Love, and Other Drama

Whew! Now, If you've actually read this whole thing you certainly deserve an award. Maybe one day I'll create my own award but right now I'm too tired from writing this FREAKING long post. Good gosh.

I sure could use a white chocolate mocha non-fat no whip.

10 comments:

Barb said...

An award and a tag- whoo hoo!

Thank you for playing and I enjoyed your post. Learned lots!
Have a wonderful evening with your sweet family.

hugs to you.

Kat said...

I've done a 6 random things about me...but not a 6 important things about me. I'll have to think that one through :-)

And yep, in San Antonio this week. I have no idea where exactly :-) I had to show my friend your "eye candy" post...and she decided that you guys must live on the North Side of town. ;-)

THE Stephanie said...

Now Kat, how would she know where we live by looking at my hubby?? But she's right... lol

Enjoy our lovely, HOT city!!

Scary Mommy said...

Thanks so much for the award!! I'll need to think about which blogs to pass it on to :)

Where the heck did this start? That blog could have said ANYTHING for all I know!

Half-Past Kissin' Time said...

HOLY COW! I am SO excited! This is very, very sweet of you!! "for making me rush to my computer to see what today's post has in store. May you never keep me waiting..." Seriously; that is the nicest thing I have ever heard about my blog!! You rock! I am going to have to blog about this pronto; check it out tomorrow, and you will understand why I can't do it RIGHT NOW! Thanks, again; you are the best!

Motherhood for Dummies said...

ohh fun! :) A tag :)

Danielle said...

Ack! You're my first ever!

THANKS!!!

(Although I"m wondering if I'm really deserving of an award that is an Angel statue... yikes!)

:)

Thanks, Momma!!

MamaMia said...

This is kind of random to pick out of your post, but I love the Big Mama blog...she is the funniest. I never bother leaving a comment because there is always some crazy number of them.

I look forward to checking out the other blogs you listed.

Heather said...

Awwww...thank you so much!!! I will be sure to follow the rules and pass on the love.

Half-Past Kissin' Time said...

I'm baaack! Just popping over to see what you've been up to and to let you know I'll be posting about this award on Monday. Hope this finds you enjoying a much needed vacation! And by the way, I don't know if I've told you this before, but your blog design rocks! It's really beautiful. :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict