What has God placed in your pack?

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Last Saturday something amazing happened. I met Big Mama! I mean, I've been reading her blog and trying to get all of you to read her blog because she's so freakin' hilarious I just can't hardly stand it, and then I got to actually meet her!

Let me tell you, it was all I imagined. She's just as sweet and funny in person as she is in her blog. And she even told me where I could get my jeans hemmed without having them look like they've been hemmed. Priceless.

Big Mama was speaking at an event held at Community Bible Church called Mug and Muffin, so of course I had to grab Staci and go. I won't get into a long recap of what Big Mama spoke about, I'll just tell you that when your children are watching Veggie Tales, be careful. Through all of the laughter and silliness, these little vegetables can be very profound.

The Snoodle Doo. Staci has a link to the video and Big Mama has an excellent description of how God looks at us. How He created each and every one of us for a very specific purpose. God put things in my "pack" that are only for me, but if I let the world, my friends, my co-workers, my family, ANYONE tell me that I can't do those things, that those things aren't for me... if I go searching through someone else's pack to find what I should be I will never be who God desires.

Do you know what God placed in your pack?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie!

Your mom sent me the link to your blog site...great job on it..I love it!

I am so glad you came to Mug N Muffin and that you were able to meet Big Mama! Yea!!!
Praise the Lord for all His sweet provisions!

Hope you and your family have a great weekend!

Be Inspired,
Veronica "Vern" Hutcherson

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict