To shred, or not to shred...

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

So I'm gonna be totally honest. I'm a little irritated with the shred.

I'm not sore. I haven't lost a single pound. Well, let me clarify... I have lost 2 lbs, but I gain them back. But this has nothing to do with the shred. This is just what I do ALL.THE.TIME. It's a vicious cycle.

Seriously. It's just my thing.

I've adjusted my diet and still nothing.

I'm not saying I quit or anything, but last night I went to the gym instead to run my troubles away.

So there.

I ran 1.2 miles. In 16 minutes.

Don't laugh. That's good for me.

And here's how I run - I get on the treadmill, turn on my iPod, and pray that I don't die right there. Because after all, if I do, I have no ID on me and no one would know who I was or how to contact my poor widowed husband.

Then I start running and tell myself I will not quit at least until this song is over. Then when that song is coming to an end, I push myself through just one more song Steph! And as that song is ending and my calves are cramping so bad that I want to throw up, I go for one more song! Just one more! You can do it!! Don't quit!!

And then I quit. And almost throw up. (There's has to be a few more songs in there somwhere...)

It's sick, I know.

A couple years ago I was running 2.5-3 miles a few times a week, but then I stopped. Even that isn't really anything to jump up and down about, but I've kind of always wanted to be a runner.

Joey always said he's never seen a fat runner.

Not that I'm fat, it's just these damn 5 pounds that won't leave! Damn you, 5 pounds!!



4 comments:

Isabelle said...

You have to find what works for you! It's not a question of quitting it's just being smart about training. Have you ever tried plyo?

Aubrey said...

I think the hard part about the shred is that it doesn't change. The 3 levels only cover so many muscles. To truly change our bodies we have to constantly shock them (that's what one of the instructors at the gym said). That is why I love taking classes at the gym. They are always changing so my body is always being pushed in different ways. I too have gotten frustrated with the shred and that is why I've added in doing different videos and different exercises...liking pushing my daughter in her stroller up a huge hill....

By the way, from the pictures I've seen, I don't know where you have 5 pounds to loose. You are so super skinny.

Tina said...

The only reason I'm doing the Shred (besides you MADE do it) :-) is really to jump start me back into exercising again since the baby was born. I like that I can do it at night after everyone's asleep. Plus I'm a total goal-oriented nerd...so I won't quit till I'm done! But I really want to ride my bike again regularly like I used to and join a gym so I can take different aerobics classes.

Jenster said...

I too have started the treadmill. I was doing the elyptical (sp) but soon there after, my heart rate was up to 170 beats and I got scared. David and I were at Gold's in Austin and he advised me to go use the treadmill. With hesitance, I did and have not stopped. I love it. I can control my heart rate on the treadmill so much easier. ( I think it goes crazy because of my thyroid disease...don't know though). I'm not a fast runner at all and I take it to a pace that works for me but it does work and I love it.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict