Shred: Day 7 & 8

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Yesterday I moved on up to Level 2 of The Shred.

After I puked on my living room floor halfway through, I decided to call it a day. Ok, so I didn't puke, but I did, literally, have to quit halfway through. I don't know if I'm just that big of a wimp or if it was a combo of my nerves with my daughter's impending surgery later that morning, or what.

BUT I redeemed myself this morning and made it all the way level 2 and I can honestly say that hate Jillian now much more than I did the day I started the Shred.

I had the phrases "squat thrusts", "plank jacks", and "plank twists".

On for the love of PETE!! That last strength set... was she serious with her little "your shoulder muscles may start to burn" crap??? I couldn't lift my shoulders halfway through the second set - and I still had 2 sets to go!

All I have to say is that if I don't look like a freaking Greek Goddess when this is over, I'm gonna be pissed!!!

That's my rant... have a wonderful day, and shred happy :)



2 comments:

Aubrey said...

I did level two this morning too. It was intense. I was breathless the whole time. I had to phase down to 2 pound weights for the squat V forward move in the second set. It was a killer. My butt is already feeling sore. I did feel like it worked my abs more with all the plank exercises, but we shall see what I feel like tomorrow.

On a side note, glad that Ashton is doing well. She's a strong girl.

Tina said...

Ok you're totally freaking me out about moving up to Level 2! I think I'll wait a few days, or weeks!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict