Painted piggies

Monday, May 5, 2008

Saturday afternoon Joey and I decided to take the kids on separate dates. Joey and Taylor wanted to see Iron Man. Ashton and I did not. No surprise there, I'm sure.

So while the boys were at the movie, I decided to take Ashton to get her first pedicure.

Ok, I shamelessly used my own daughter as an excuse to get my unmanicured, desperately needy toes to the salon. But c'mon! It's not like I didn't want to take her and have a girls night out! It just so happened that all the stars lined up in my favor and my toes got taken care of at the same time.

It was a win-win situation.

Anyway, back to real story. We had such a great time. Ashton loved getting a pedicure, after they cooled the water off a bit. Just a little warm for her liking...

Look at that face, though. She was lovin' the massage chair!


Ok, I'm likin' it too...



And if anyone knows a good salon with people who speak English, please fill me in. I mean, I love my daughter dearly, but I got roped into flowers on her toes, a manicure, and flowers on her finger nails... and all of this really because I could not for the life of me understand what this guy was saying!!! I just kept smiling and nodding not wanting to be rude!!

Yeah, that was obviously the wrong choice...



Her toes do look adorable though. And that's all that matters! Mine aren't bad either.

5 comments:

Mommasboyz said...

Way fun!! I just got a french on my toes too before we left for the weekend! Love the flowers! Amazing they can do that on such tiny little toenails! To answer your question...I like the nail place at the Rim, they speak great English there and the Avalon nail place at La Cantera is great too!
!!

Baird's Blessings said...

I am guilty of the same thing! I will sometimes do a girls day and get pedi's! Who doesn't like them! And about the english speaking...All About Me day spa. It is at 1604 and Bandera! It is very relaxing and if you ever decide to go w/o Ashton they serve you a nice glass of wine!

David & Jo Ann said...

Excuse me - this was NOT Ashton's first pedicure. I have pictures to prove it - in MY photo album! Can't remember the exact reason - but I think it was before the start of her 1st grade school year... I could be wrong, I'll need to go home and check the ever faithful album - remember, if it's not in the album, it didn't happen!
Love, Mom

Stephanie said...

Ok mom, PROVE IT!! I asked Ashton if she had had a pedi before and she said no, so if she has, you need to remind her :)

David & Jo Ann said...

Well - it's definately time to pull out the scrapbooks! Just send that child over and I'll prove it to her! If my recollection is correct, YOU were there as well! At Leon Nails!
Mom

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict