Me and my paparazzi

Saturday, May 10, 2008

I had lunch with a really good friend Thursday. A friend that I can always count on to give me support when I've done something stupid.

I'm sure that got your attention.

After we made it through all of the small talk I told her. I have gotten myself into a big mess.

"Oh no, what have you done?" she asked.

I told her it wasn't really that big of a deal, just something that was WAY not me and totally out of my comfort zone. Well, that must have relaxed her a bit because it was just downhill from there. I mean, remember the support I told you I could always count on? Yeah, it must have gotten lost in the bowl of hot sauce!

No support for me! Only laughter... when I told her I had reluctantly agreed to be interviewed by someone at my job for a quarterly publication that our company writes. No big deal, right? OH, did I mention we have 35,000 employees in our company? Minor details...

I assumed at the time they would ask me about my job and maybe have me submit a photo or something.

Now I'll fill you in on why Shawn almost choked on her salad while laughing at me.

They pretty much could care less what I do for the company. They want to know what I do for a hobby. They want to know about my personal life outside of work.

THEN (and here's where my paparazzi come in) they want a photo shoot!

WHAT?? Do these people know who I am?? And I totally mean that in the most humble, I-hate-to-be-noticed way possible.

Seriously people. Are you trying to send me to an early grave? Ok, I sing. That's it. That's my hobby. People that know me know that, but they also know that I would NEVER want to be photographed doing it, much less photographed PRETENDING to do it, which is what these crazy people wanted to do. (Which is also why Shawn is laughing... because she knows me THAT well!)

By this time, Shawn was pretty much rolling on the floor making a huge scene and basically got us kicked out of the restaurant. Thanks. Like I needed to add that to my list of embarrassing moments for this weekend.

Ok, I made that last thing up, but she was laughing.

So that's that. And here's my first paparazzi picture (which was actually taken by my husband's camera phone). There was a real photographer there though, who was taking pictures of me...

28 comments:

Mommasboyz said...

I love it!!! Just remember you blogging buddies when you make it big!!! American Idol is calling your name, I think!!

Lauren Horsley said...

This is a super adorable blog! I especially love the way you've combined photos with cute little embellishments in the header - so creative!

Gina said...

And you said yes because...?

Toni said...

You may end up on the likes of vogue! You are darling!

Sheri said...

Aww, recognition is always great!!! Congrats!

Talisman said...

Just remember, every paparazzi princess has to start with someone's cell phone picture! That's awesome!

Jill said...

that's actually a really neat picture

Perksofbeingme said...

I'm sure everything will turn out great. But I know how you feel. I would die if someone wanted to take pictures of me for an interview. It's just not something that I'm comfortable with either.

Found you through SITS and since you asked, here it is: I wanna be BLOGALICIOUS!!!!

Karen said...

Love it!!!

Lovely photo as well. :-)

Love your blog and Staci's as well. I'm seriously thinking that I might want to be BLOGALICIOUS at some stage. :-)

Rhea said...

I'm thinking that photo shoot is going to turn out GORGEOUS photos! That's awesome you got picked to be interviewed and photographed. I'd be flattered...and I love your friend's support. hehe

Fun post!

Jenni said...

I find in these situations (Not that I have them often and I certainly don't sing) I am torn between "Oh please don't shine the spotlight on ME," and "Really, you think I'm good? Tell me more about how great I am!"

Cristin said...

I hate to be noticed too... no WAY would I have agreed to that! I'm sure the photos turned out beautiful!

Tausha said...

Gotta love those "can I ask you a question?
guess you learned the next time someone asks-can i ask you a question?
You promptly say no! No way no how! So sorry for the embarassmanet-guess you at least got something to blog about out of it!

Jennifer P. said...

They'll know who to call on now when they need some entertainment at the company picnic :)!

I think the picture turned out cute--especially if that was just taken with a camera phone!

Maternal Mirth said...

I have been on National TV for my company's commercial. Um, yeah, 7.5 months pregnant to boot.

I was HOT, man. Lemmetellyou.

Ok, so I wasn't. But you were :)

Adiel said...

I wish I had paparazzi!

Sherri said...

Please remember your SITS sisters when you are rich and famous!!

Simply Stork said...

what a great 'behind the scenes' shot!!!

cool:o)

~simply~

Nicole said...

Your blog is sooo cute. I can see why they wanted a picture, your adorable.

Judy Haley said...

awww that's cool. and i think its cool that a company is interested in an employee beyond how much money they bring in or save.

Gina said...

Stretching our comfort zones is good! (spoken by one who DOES NOT LIKE IT!!!) The picture is really great!!! Very artsy!!

Michelle said...

Aww, that's so sweet. And if you think you're getting love from SITS, wait until you see the love from co-workers when they see the article! Good luck!

Cookie said...

SITS gal leaving my mark! Great blog. Oh so cute! Singing huh? I wish I could. My daughter does though. Do you do recordings? What kind of music?

Sunshine said...

They like you, they really like you...;D

Your hair looks great, girl! And I could only dream of looking that good from a picture taken on my cell.

Don't forget the little people.

MomMega said...

Very cute! You have NOTHING to worry about!!

Vicki said...

I love it! You really look like you know what you're doing in the photo. To have to be fake singing I'm sure is harder than it looks.

You should have mentioned that you blog. Then they would have you sitting in front of a computer with your jammies on, hair in a ponytail, no makeup and sipping a drink. Oh wait, that'd be me.

Jennifer said...

You look adorable!

emily said...

That is awesome! You're gonna have to start working on your autograph now!


So glad I found you through SITS. I love your blog design. I'll be back!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict