God Of This City

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Any of you that really know me know that God speaks to me through music. Without going into great detail (which would take up the extent of the memory I'm aloud on blogspot), what I know beyond a shadow of a doubt is that I was created to worship God. I know that technically we were all created to worship God, but I believe that God created everyone of us with a specific purpose, a passion that burns inside of us. This is that thing that we just can't NOT do.

For me, and my husband alike, worshiping is that "thing."

God has been moving in our lives over the past several weeks in ways that we would never have expected. He has led us down roads that we never imagined we would travel again. But the amazing thing is that when you can see God's hand in it, you just can't help but follow.

All of that to say, I heard this song on the radio last week and it practically moved me to tears. We've been led to join the team of people beginning TriPoint - a multi-site campus of BRCC, the church that Joey and I had gone to for years. This song, to me, sums up the purpose of this campus.



All I can say is I can't wait to get back into serving God - the God of THIS city - exactly the way He created me to.

2 comments:

Baird's Blessings said...

This is awesome! Many people will be blessed by Joey and you!

David & Jo Ann said...

I am so excited that you have found a place to serve God. He didn't give you that talent and desire without providing a place to use it! We are so proud of you and the love you have for God and His calling on your life. No matter where you are or what you are doing, I love you and support you! I can't wait to visit sometime and see you doing what He has called you to do.
Mom

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict