True confessions of a mismatched blogger

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Lest any of you think that I am any where close to creative enough to design the new header you see on this page, I feel the need to clarify, and clarify quickly.

Hello, my name is Stephanie, and I am not creative. There, I said it.

How do I know this? One word. Scrapbooking.

I am a failed scrapbooker and because of this have nearly been disowned not only by all of my scrapbooking friends, but by (gasp) my mother.

Luckily, my mother has found it in her heart to forgive me and accept me as the completely uncreative mound of flesh that I am. Even my friends, with the exception of Kelly, who gets an A+ for persistence, have recognized that it is just better for me to pursue other talents.

Like breathing.

And truth-telling. (Not all of them are fans of this talent, but hey, someone has to do it!)

And because I am a truth-teller, I am not ashamed, and rather proud, to tell you that Staci is the creativity behind my blog. I cannot accept any of the internet applause - and believe me, I know you are all in awe of my mismatched blog. But you know what? This is what's happening in New York right now, so I'm really just fashion forward!

6 comments:

Staci said...

OH STEPH stop being sooo modest!!! you have REALLY helped me figure out alot, and after i give you the low down on photoshop, AND we get our hands on Chris, youll be just as cool as me sista!!

David & Jo Ann said...

I would like to clarify one thing... to me this is scrapbooking! Only digitally! You journal your life and share the photos that make it so real... so you are truly following after your mother's footsteps - just in a more "modern" way! I like pages, you like blogs... I love you JUST THE WAY YOU ARE!
Mom.
P.S. I don't like the black background as much as I liked the one earlier...just an opinion. Get some undu and change it! Or not!

Stephanie said...

What do you mean you don't like the background?? I was totally digging it!!

Staci said...

lol change it to the orangey color!! hahaha

David & Jo Ann said...

It's hard to read for me - not enough "white space" - if you know what I mean... just a comment, nothing more...

Mommasboyz said...

I would never guess that you're "not creative?"??? All your "new stuff" looks GREAT!! I love all the pics you added...too cute!!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict