This is love...

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Let me just start by saying that I hate laundry. No, hate is not a strong enough word. I despise laundry. I do laundry because I love my family and, well, let's face it, we're just not into the nudist thing, so we do wear clothes. In fact, it seems like we wear a lot of clothes.

Because I hate laundry so much I have a self imposed rule that I only do laundry once a week. I know, all of you domestic goddesses can take this time to gasp in disbelief. But I am not ashamed. If you wear it and get it dirty, then you can't wear it again until next week.

So sorry.

I've also been known to wash clothes and leave them clean in the baskets without folding them until they've all been worn and it's time to do laundry again. After all, really, what's the purpose in folding them? They're just going to get unfolded, put on, worn, taken off, and thrown in the hamper. So the cycle goes.

Ok domestic divas, are you still with me? Who am I kidding. You're not reading this, you're folding laundry!!

This week, though, I was turning over a new leaf. I announced to Joey that I was going to fold the overflowing baskets of clean clothes that had turned into an obstacle course in the laundry room floor. Yes, tonight was my night. I would come home from the gym and dump all 7 loads of clean clothes onto my bed and fold, fold, fold. The only thing that would get me through is a DVR'd rerun of CSI:Miami. Together, I was certain we could make it.

Imagine my relief when I came home to this. When I left this morning, the dishes in the dishwasher were clean and there were remnants from breakfast in the sink. Hmmm...



Then I went to the bedroom to put down my workout bag and purse... what happened here? (Snow White? Dwarfs?) This will certainly make folding those 7 loads of laundry easier. At least I don't have to make the bed first. Again, when I left this morning, the kids jammies were thrown on the bed and it looked like someone had been sleeping here. Hmmm...



I found Joey in the bathroom brushing his teeth getting ready to head out to the gym and thanked him for doing the dishes and making the bed. I have the best husband!! Then I went to the laundry room - I thought I'd better get started if I hoped to finish the laundry tonight!

Now look what I've found!! Empty baskets?? Seriously! I am married to the most wonderful man on the planet!! He folded all the laundry, put it all away (even the kids clothes, which he hates to do), hung everything up... what did I do to deserve this?



Thank you baby. I would say that you have NO idea how much this meant to me, but I know you do. I love you so much!!

7 comments:

Chris Rasco said...

You mean laundry baskets and chairs are not just fancy storage locations for clean clothes?

I think we suffer from the same disdain of laundry.

That said, I'd like to pretend that it is the kids that keep us too busy to focus on such things, but that would be a lie.

Staci said...

I just love it when my husband blesses me like this!! Its funny cause those cute lil annoying things that he does are all the time and again very annoying, but i think God made them that way for a reason....for time like this...because without times like these we wouldnt be able to see how much they truly care for our needs. If they always did these chores we would take these times for granted!! I love it!!

Joey & Stephanie said...

Chris, that's my problem! I DO think that chairs and baskets are fancy storage locations for clean clothes!! Thank goodness for my husband!!

Joey & Stephanie said...

Stac, it's true. We are MORE than blessed. God certainly knew what He was doing when He brought us together with our husbands, right?

Joey said...

Well, what can I say, I kinda love you babe! btw... Staci - we don't do anything annoying as husbands! lol

Baird's Blessings said...

I totally get you on this! It seems that the Laundry pile never ends. With having 2 children they change clothes at least twice a day sometimes 3 with dance or t-ball! That is awesome that your husband saw a way that he could show you just a little more how much he loves you! :)

Allmykids123 said...

Husbands do have a way of redeeming themselves every once in a while, don't they? God Bless Them!! Love your blog, by the way.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict