Good morning internet. Meet Murphy.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Ahh. Friday night. Date night. The kids are at Memaw and Pepaws (for the night - YIPPEE!!) so Joey and I are off for our usual dinner and a movie. We're not predictable, though. We do alternate between Pei Wei and Buffalo Wild Wings and we never see the same movie two weeks in a row.

We hop in the date car, 'cuz that's how we roll. Sexy, right? Yeah, hold that thought.



Flipped a coin and tonight it was Buffalo Wild Wings. Tonight's dinner was much more exciting than usual. Seems I resemble someone extremely famous - at least our waiter thought so and he had the entire kitchen staff trying to figure out who it was. Funny... I've never been told that before. I think he was fishing for a bigger tip.

Since I turned out not to be famous, we decided to check out our own famous people in the form of 88 Minutes at the Palladium. As if the gluttony of the buffalo wings and cheese fries wasn't enough, we topped it off with chocolate gelato and White Chocolate Mocha, non-fat, no whip cream. I'll let you guess who got what.

88 minutes, by the way... fabulous movie. Must see.


Now, remember that sexy car we were driving on our wonderful date? And are you wondering who the heck Murphy is?? Yeah, meet Murphy. And Joey hasn't changed his name.



I have officially named Joey's car Murphy - yes, of course, after Murphy's Law. Why I haven't come up with this before I don't know. But Friday night, in the parking lot of the Palladium, watching my dead sexy husband air up the tire, it hit me like a freight train.

This car is Murphy's Law incarnate! The only thing good about this car is the outside. If something can go wrong - if it is possible in the universe - it has, and will go wrong with Murphy.

Lest you think I'm exaggerating, (and I won't even get into the past - there's not enough memory on blogger!) on Saturday, Joey went to get the tire fixed. Once he gets to the tire repair shop they tell him he has to have the key to get the tire off. Where is the key, you ask? Who the heck knows!! Murphy knows, I'm sure. But he ain't tellin'!!

Then Joey sets out to change the brake pads on Murphy - which he has done before with no major crisis. This time, however, Murphy had other plans. Murphy had plans to test Joey's patience and use of all tools stored in our garage. I'll have you know, though, Murphy did not win this battle! He may have pushed Joey to the edge of sanity for almost 5 hours, but Joey is no quitter. Murphy has new brake pads and HE WILL LIKE IT!

No comments:

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict