Welcome to Hollywood!

Monday, February 18, 2008

Day 4 in our Disney World trip brought us to Hollywood Studios (formerly known as MGM Studios). Many of us were looking forward to this because we all wanted to ride "The Tower of Terror."



So that's where we headed first... fast passes for The Tower of Terror. Funny thing is, this turned out to be Taylor's favorite ride - although I'm not sure how since he looked panic-stricken the entire time.



Then we moved on to learn about "The Magic of Disney Animation." We got to see how animated films are made - from drawings to movie. Then we were able to actually take a class where they taught us to draw Minnie Mouse. I thought the kids would love this, especially Ashton, being the artist that she is. BUT, she's also a perfectionist, so she was quite upset when her Minnie didn't turn out like the instructors. (So upset she actually threw it away and I didn't even get to see it!!)

Joey's, on the other hand, was fabulous!!!



Ashton had to pose at almost everything imaginable. She was adorable, though!



Just walking down the streets of "Hollywood." Pretty cool atmosphere.



Next was the "Rockin' Roller Coaster." Ashton was so excited to ride, but when we got right there about to board the roller coaster, she bailed. Luckily they let me sneak in the back and get to the front of the line so I could actually ride. It was pretty cool.



Taylor and I watched a parade while the others rode "The Great Movie Ride." The parade was amazing! We saw every Disney character imaginable. Here are a few of Taylor's favorites:






Before the parade, I gave in to Taylor's begging and bought him the stuffed Mickey Mouse you see here. Evidently the parade wore Mickey out because Taylor decided it was time for his nap! (Yes, that's a napkin...)



Taylor also got a huge kick out of watching the live "High School Musical 2" performance. At one point he looked over at me a gave me the thumb's up. It was too cute!



My little Star Wars hero.



We wrapped up the night with dinner at the Sci-Fi Drive-In Theater. Very neat atmosphere... the kids ate dinner in a car and we were right next to them. (BTW, if I haven't mentioned this before, all of the food at DW is excellent! Certainly not like anything you'd expect from a theme park!)





Stay tuned for Animal Kingdom pics...

2 comments:

Staci said...

i loved the sci fi diner, sooo cute....awww i wanna go back, lets all go together next time!! that would rule...and we can do the cruise this time!!

Chris Rasco said...

Florida in February is the smart time to go. We took the kids in July a few years back. Talk about a mistake. We were miserable.

These pictures do bring back a lot of memories though.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict