Joey is a dog lover!

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Any of you who have known Joey for any time at all know that he is NOT a dog person. He grew up with cats and has never been into dogs. But I think it was my parents three-legged dog Ditto that wore him down. The kids have wanted a dog for a while and Joey has always said no, until last week when he called me from the Humane Society!! Yeah, that's right, he went on his own, by himself to the Humane Society to look at dogs. He was hooked.

Sunday afternoon we decided we would go as a family and look at a couple of the dogs Joey had seen and then see if we could find one we all agreed on. But we weren't going to get one until Monday (only $25 for dogs over a year on Mondays). Well, I knew this was a bad idea if we planned on not getting a dog that day because the kids were so excited.

Look what we found...




Now really. Who could say no to that face? Then we heard her story... she was picked up as a stray 6 months ago and has been at the HS ever since. She tested positive for heart worms when she arrived, but they treated her and she is now good as new! She was very timid when we visited her at the HS, but she was so friendly with the volunteers. We knew she would warm up to us once she got to know us. And besides, I felt sorry her. She had been there for so long with no one wanting to adopt her. She's so adorable, I don't understand why no one would want her. I guess God was saving her for us!

So, you guessed it. The kids fell in love, we all fell in love and we just had to have her. So now we do.

Meet Layla, the newest member of the Gorena family. Isn't she adorable?



The main reason Joey never liked dogs was because he said they stink. So I'm thinking he will now be washing Layla as much as he washes his car - every other day! (Just kidding honey!)



The kids wanted to help, so they were right there. Layla wasn't to keen on getting sprayed down, but she didn't mind the scrubbing brush at all. I guess it was like a little doggie massage :)



Yeah, momma loves you too!



Now for the grand introduction - your cousin Ditto! (Remember, the three legged dog?) Mom and dad brought Ditto over to meet Layla because they usually bring the dog when they come over or when we all go to Jason's house (my brother) Ditto plays with Junior, Jason & Ali's dog. Layla has to get in on this little clique!

Ditto wasn't sure about her... Ditto has always been the biggest dog, even though he's not that big, but now Layla is the biggest. Ditto pretty much curled up in Dad's lap for protection. Layla just wanted to sniff...



All in all I think Layla will fit right in. She's a great dog and is adjusting well to her new home.

1 comment:

Staci said...

Oh Lord shes cute.....good luck with that ;) im here when your ready to pull your hair out!!! kiddin shes precious!!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict