We're Going To Disney World!!!!!

Thursday, December 27, 2007

No real cliffhanger with that title... WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!! Now for those of you who have been to Disney World, Disneyland, Tokyo Disney (yes, Kristy, I'm talking to you!) I know this may not be that big of a deal, but let me just tell you HOW big of a deal this is.

Jason (my brother) and I have wanted to go to Disney forever but it just never worked out when we were growing up to go as a family. We always had wonderful summer vacations that Jason and I will remember forever, but never Disney. So as we got older it just became the joke in our family that Jason and I were the only kids in the world whose parents had never taken them to Disney World. Well, the joke ends here!

This year for Christmas, mom & dad gave all of us - Me and my family, Jason and his family, along with mom & dad, of course - a trip to Disney World. I'm not sure who was more excited, the grandkids or me and Jason, but that's beside the point, right? WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!

Mom and dad gave all the grandkids Disney pj's earlier in the night as a precursor to the ultimate gift. No one had any idea what was coming. When it was time for the finally of the evening, mom and dad brought out gift bags, one for each person, and told us to wait to open them. They counted down... 3-2-1... and we all tore into the bags. Out came a different Disney stuffed animal with a big note around it's neck saying "Come with us to Disney World January 30-February 5, 2008, Love, Mom and Dad (or Mama or Papa)."

Here are some pics of the stunned reactions... Madi was the first to say "Are you serious?? We're going to Disney World??"



Ashton could read her tag, so she knew what it said, but I'm not sure it sank in... (Taylor had no idea what was going on but sure did love his new Pluto stuffed animal!)



Mommy explained... now he knows what's up!! "Yea! I get to see the pirates!"



Mom and dad had gotten a DVD from Disney that showed some of the highlights of a trip to WDW. We were all staring at the TV :)



Jason was the quietest of the bunch, but I think his reaction spoke louder than anyone else. He was speechless.



I think I can speak for Jason when I say that we have been blessed with two of the best parents a child could ask for. Not because they are able to take both our families to Disney World, but there is so much more. Jason and I were blessed with wonderful childhoods filled with memories of parents who loved each other, loved God, and loved us with all their hearts. They always did whatever they could to give us everything we wanted. Jason and I will never forget all the things you did for us as we grew up. We can only hope to be half the parents that you were to us.

Thanks mom and dad! I love you!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Jason speechless?? That is a Christmas miracle! I'm so excited for you guys - have fun!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict