It's Christmas time at the Gorena's

Monday, December 3, 2007



For those of you who don't really know me (because if you did, this would be no shocker) I L-O-V-E Christmas. Every year, Thanksgiving week, I start to get all giddy just thinking about the day after Thanksgiving... and no, I'm not talking about shopping, although this would be the one day Joey wishes I was talking about shopping. I'm talking about all the lights on the house, putting the Christmas tree up, and getting the decorations up inside. I have to soak up every minute of Christmas time I can - I just love it!!

So Joey, being the wonderful husband that he is, risks his life every year, hanging head first over the edge of the roof making the Christmas lights look just perfect for his nutso wife - yes, I admit it. I'm completely crazy when it comes to the lights. If the bulbs go out I'm out there checking every bulb or pulling strands of lights out of the bushes and replacing them with new ones... I'm crazy, I know, but I just love it... what can I say?? Thanks honey for hanging the lights, you're the BEST!!



Last year we won second prize in the neighborhood contest (which we didn't even know they had), but if you know anything about me and Joey, second is just not good enough. I'm still trying to convince Joey that we need the 8-foot blow-up Santa to seal the deal for first place this year.



Taylor and Ashton had to get in on the picture taking. As you can tell, it's still not that cold in good 'ole San Antonio at the beginning of December...



Strike a pose... (I'm not sure I like Taylor's pose, but we'll let it pass this time!)



Those are my angels...

No comments:

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict