Happy Birthday Memaw!!

Thursday, December 6, 2007



Joey's grandma, Memaw, turned 84 years young yesterday, December 5. She is such a blessing to our family and the kids absolutely adore her, as you can see.

She carries on a tradition today that she began when Joey was a child - she and Pepaw pick the kids up from school every Friday, take them to the Dollar Store (in Joey's day it was Woolworth's at Wonderland Mall - now Crossroad's Mall), and then to their house to spend the night. Saturday mornings usually consist of either a train ride in Breckenridge Park, a trip the Butterfly House, or just lounging around the house playing games. All of this, every week, and she's 84?? You'd never know it.

We love you Memaw, more than you know, and hope you have many, many more birthdays to come.



Ashton recently taught herself to play "Happy Birthday" on the piano, so naturally, she was our accompaniment as we sang to Memaw.



Just a couple of goofy kids - who's are they?? Ashton thinks she's acting like her momma... I don't look like that, do I? Ok, maybe I do :)

Taylor, little man... this is all I get from you these days. I ask you to smile and I just get these silly little faces! What a ham!!

No comments:

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict