The Christmas Eve tradition carries on...

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

It has always been the tradition in the Henning family to open presents on Christmas Eve because everyone knows that Santa comes for Christmas morning. Even after Jason and I have married and have families of our own, we still carry on the tradition with mom and dad every year - Christmas Eve and their house with muchies and lots of fun.< This year, we added a new tradition, that oddly enough, we don't usually do - Papa read the Christmas story (at the request of the grandchildren). As you can see, Ashton listened intently to whole story and even asked questions - "Papa, what's a manger?"

A few years back we implemented a Christmas draw where we pick names and only buy a gift for one person. I highly recommend this for any of you out there who suffer from over spending during the season!

Madi got the skateboard she asked for and seemed to be very excited. Joey had some nerve trying to take it for the first test ride, but we set him straight!!



Taylor was gifted several boy toys... jungle animals, dinosaurs, airplanes...



Ashton is surrounded by loot, but one of her favorites was the princess doll from the movie Enchanted.



Dad asked for a new Dallas Cowboys hat and T-shirt, so that's what Joey bought. Ask and you shall receive!




Mom finally got her new perfume. It's a good thing, since she's been informed that it's being discontinued. Make it last, mom!!



I drew Jason's name and the suggestion I received was anything Dallas Cowboys or a gift certificate for a massage. Well, I was already at the Dallas Cowboys store, and who can pass up a DeMarcus Ware bobble head and Tony Romo pillow?? Not me!




Allison received a scarf and hat set... lookin' pretty there!!



I know, it's a big shocker, I asked for an Old Navy gift card for Christmas. I'm sorry!! What can I say, I like to shop!!!



Now here's another shocker for you. Joey asked for a body fat monitor. No, that wasn't a typo. That's my husband... and I love him dearly!

No comments:

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict